I would like to officially declare 2017 as the year of radical responsibility! If you want to change or transform your life, it starts with you; right here, right now.
When I look out into the world, I see a society where the people have:
~ Given away responsibility for their health to the medical profession;
~ Given away responsibility for their happiness to their kids and/or partners (or lack thereof);
~ Given away responsibility for their success to bosses, coaches and ‘gurus’.
Don’t get me wrong, there will always be a place for medicine; kids and our ‘other halves’ can be a great source of joy; and yes, a source of income and fabulous coaching support is imperative if you want to step up and play a big game in life.
However, the belief that outside circumstances and/or people determine the quality of your life, is the most damaging belief held by society today. Too many people believe they are a victim of their genes, the stock market, the weather and other peoples’ poor behaviour.
If I can have any impact on this world in my lifetime, it would be to create a fundamental shift in how people perceive and live their lives.
I know from personal experience that you can have better health, the career of your dreams, extraordinary relationships and amazing success, if you just take total responsibility for your beliefs, thoughts, feelings, actions and results.
With my rant now over, I would like to share 17 ideas to help you thrive beyond belief in 2017. Each statement is short and relatively generic, to open up thought, reflection and discussion.
So here goes:
1. We all have an innate ability to heal, grow and adapt.
2. We are all unique, so a ‘one size fits all’ approach is not the solution.
3. Freedom is our ability to reclaim our personal authority over our bodies, our relationships, our careers and our lives.
4. Clarity and awareness must precede action if we want results.
5. There are only two states of being; love or fear.
6. We have unimaginable untapped power in our minds.
7. Changing our external circumstances will not change how we feel about ourselves or our lives. That’s totally an inside job.
8. It’s absolutely imperative that our environments support our life’s vision and goals.
9. No-one else can tell us what’s best for us. Only we know what’s truly best for us.
10. Life’s too damn short to not have fun, every single day and to absolutely love it… NOW!
11. We all have immense value tied up in our life’s experiences, gifts, skills and lessons.
12. We all have extraordinary untapped potential.
13. This is it! The past is over and the future is not here yet. Live now!
14. To perform optimally in life requires an holistic mind-body-soul approach.
15. We have to be 100% responsible for our lives, no one else can live for us.
16. Success requires a balance of commitment, congruency and courage.
17. The amount of fulfilment in our lives is proportional to the amount of gratitude we experience, right now.
So, what do you think? Do these statements resonate for you? Or do they make you feel uncomfortable? Do you agree or disagree?
In 2017, I am building a tribe of individuals who are done living life from outdated paradigms. It’s stressful, it’s busy and it’s unsatisfying to live life chasing certain ideals that sit just out of reach, somewhere in the future.
If you, more than anything, want to live a life of fun, freedom and fulfilment, right now, irrespective of your circumstances; start by joining PROJECT FUN. A commitment to daily fun is a great start in crafting a life that you absolutely love. I’m looking for a ‘hell yes‘! ~ Sally G X